Friday 16 October 2009

Hamlet BBC4 December 2009

The Royal Shakespeare Company were putting on a performance of Hamlet and BBC2 filmed it. David Tennant (x Doctor Who) playing the lead. The indie commissioned were Traffic Digital, they came up with some great ideas around user interaction, such as interactive timelines and adding archive data from previous productions at the RSC in... so we did.

Jose Deniz (producer) and myself wanted a dark brooding but modern look to the site to reflect the stage production. Jose also wanted a strapline with the impact of a dramatic Eastenders plot line.
 We user tested a few different staplines on secretaries and canteen staff and this one stuck

"My father’s died,
my mother has married
my uncle
and I’m being watched" (could happen in Albert Sqaure)

In addition we wanted to use the richness of the scenery and clothing of the production. Traffic were and are great to work with always flexable and friendly.